SuperSpec

SuperSpec

Wednesday 24 January 2018

New Drip Tray

At long last the temperature in the garage won't give me hypothermia so was able to get a session in.   Now the new radiator is plumbed in I topped up the cooling system and there is no static leak.   I need to check with the engine running to see if there is a leak under pressure, so If it ever stops raining and I can get the car outside I will do that.


You might recall I initially had a drip tray under the car, but it was trashed when I drove over it.  After that I just left a towel underneath and chucked it away every few months.   Not ideal, so decided it was time for a new tray.

 It's very deep-sided, so I chopped down the leading edge so I can slide it under the sump (Still leaving enough to prevent overflow).   And screwed a handle to the back end to make sliding it in and out much easier.   
And to make sure I don't run over it, another laminated reminder sign is added.




1 comment:

  1. Nice, FWIW grow-bag seed trays from DIY shops are perfect for this job too - provided you get one without holes, good low profile.

    ReplyDelete