SuperSpec

SuperSpec

Saturday 6 May 2017

DRL Upgrade

When I originally fitted the Daylight Running Lights (DRL - Total cost $3) it was always a proof of concept and a bit of fun.  They looked good but I had never had them fully road tested.

On the way to Stoneleigh I drove behind a friend Andy to see if his exhaust was smoking (no) and he confirmed that while he could see they were on, but they didn't stand out all that well.    So time for an upgrade.   

Have now replaced them with Hi-intensity LED strips that are dramatically brighter and were actually advertised as proper Daylight Running Lights and not just LED strips.

Slightly more expensive (£3/pair ) but they work extremely well.   Just need to follow someone else now to see how they hold up.
 

I actually have 2 more I could put on the lower wishbone, but I think I will then start to look like Blackpool Tower.
 

(BTW. ignore the drips on the cardboard, that was while I was fitting the extra hose to the power steering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment